Monday, August 25, 2014

A New School Year

First day of school overload!  When I asked Jersi what she and I were going to do all day by ourselves, "eat all the snacks" was her response. Bring on the snacks!

Dayton starts 1st grade  - I was worried we'd have a repeat of last year where he fought to run out of the classroom - but he did fantastic!  Went right in and set to work coloring a picture!

Oaklee starts 2nd grade (and her best friend Ripley is in her class)  She wasn't nervous about school at all.

Kyndi starts 4th grade - she's in a class with lots of kids she knows from our ward - AND the best part, in her opinion, instead of chairs, they sit on exercise balls everyday.

Dropping Tate off was the hardest.  Out of all my kids the move to Kaysville was hardest on him.  He struggles making good quality friends.  He has been determined all summer to not make friends because it is easier to have no friends than to be hurt by people you believe to be friends.  As a mom this is heartbreaking.  Tate attended a summer basketball camp for 2 weeks.  I enrolled him hoping he'd make friends.  No such luck.  He doesn't even have friends in our ward because he attends his dad's ward every week.  So...needless to say, dropping him off was heart wrenching, he knew nobody. I was so nervous for him and his timid little heart.   At the end of his day he told me he knew some names of kids in his classes and was excited to tell me all about his Chinese class - BUT also told me how lonely lunch was.  Hmmm. Gonna be a rough week or so until he starts making friends.  Sure love that kid.

Of course Jersi needs her picture taken too!!  I opted to not pay to put her into preschool this year.  She is already super smart, knowing how to write most of her letters already.  I figured she and I can do preschool worksheets together throughout the year.





No comments: