Sunday, March 16, 2014

DisneyLand or Bust

So, many, many moons ago my siblings came up with a fantastical idea of our entire family going to Disneyland together.  After much deliberation over dates that were most convenient to the majority of us, we settled on the week of March 9, 2013.

I now bring you highlights of vacationing with all 22 members of our family.

As flying for 9 people does not equal frugal vacationing, we chose to drive.  How does one travel with 7 children for 9+ hours one might ask...  simple answer.  Drug them all.  Joking!  We piled into our suburban where Kamron installed an extra van bench in the back facing backward to fit us all.  With the interior space all taken up by heads, legs, elbows, and my own hand created "car entertainment kits" for each child, the luggage found it's own place, on top of the vehicle.

At something near 4 AM on the morning of March 9th (give or take an hour for daylight savings) we were off - and had stopped 3 times within the first hour! (bathroom, and adjusting the luggage as it was making a killer noise we were not willing to listen to for the entire drive)

The drive was long.  Enough said.
A few follow ups to the above picture...  There was a star due east that was incredibly bright compared to the rest of the stars, it was seriously crazy.  My dad investigated and discovered it was Saturn.  Pretty cool.
There is a picture of Kamron sleeping here - that is because I drove from Nephi to Primm, NV.  Fantastic right?  It actually wasn't bad at all.  My sister Sharli and I entertained each other via Voxer (kinda like a walkie-talkie app on our phones)

My dad rented us a house to stay in and when we finally arrived it was fabulous!  Plenty of beds for everyone!  I got this little gem sometime that day...  Daddy and Jersi reading a book.

As most of my kidlets have never seen the ocean, we ventured out to the beach.  It was after dark when we arrived, but we still hung out for an hour or so...

You can see Tate in the background of this picture...he looks like something creepy arising from the water





Dayton and Tate got super brave going further and further out into the waves.  Kyndi and Jerz spent most of their time searching for seashells in the sand.

Alert: TMI about to be disclosed...   Consider yourself warned...

So... About twenty minutes in to our ocean adventure Jersi started doing the potty dance and claiming she had to go really bad.  So I did what any resourceful mother would do at the beach, with no bathroom, in the dark.  I took her swimsuit off and helped her squat in the sand.  Within seconds she announced she was done and I moved her away from the puddle only to discover it was no puddle at all, but rather a big pile of diarrhea.  Gross.  Now what?  Bury it in sand of course!

The beach was a blast!  Would've been better in the light, and warmth of day, but it was still great.

Later that night this happened...


That my friends, is most of the adults snuggling up on a bench in an attempt to watch the Disneyland fireworks from the back patio of the house.
I believe it was a bit later this same night that my dad took a hilarious tumble whilst trying to jump onto a chair on the patio to check over the cement wall for safety measures or something...




1 comment:

Sharli said...

I totally missed dad's fall off a chair.