Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Paw"


Paw is the Oaklee word for Potty. Oaklee is 21 months old, and she uses the potty. (no bragging intended) (okay, maybe a little)

Last week a friend at work was saying that her 19 month old was potty training and she was so proud (as she should be!) She mentioned that her little girl uses the regular toilet... that got me thinking... we have a little potty at our house that Oaklee sits on all the time - but mostly uses to hide her treasures in (I have found treats, dolls, things she has stolen from my room...) I thought maybe if I put her on the normal toilet, she might catch onto the potty-training thing. It worked. I put her there Friday afternoon - She went potty. I had to go to work that night so I put her in a diaper and left. A few hours later, apparently no one was watching her and they all went in search of her... where was she? On the toilet! She had removed her own diaper and had pooped in the toilet and was just waiting for someone to come along and get her down.... What a good girl!! (why was no one watching her?!?!?)

Fast Forward to today (Tuesday) - she had a bunch of accidents over the weekend, and "tried" quite a few times with no success. I thought maybe she was still too young, and the "new-ness" of it had worn off. I was getting a little bummed out. But today - she has stayed dry all day and gone potty twice!! Woo-hoo!! This may be a road that leads to the end of at least one set of diapers in this house!! ...anyone have tips on potty-training a 7 month old???

3 comments:

Kayla Lynn Simmons said...

that picture reminds me of a childrens book i had on potty training..

Anonymous said...

I am soo excited for you. We are still having accidents and do to her croup I have had diapers on her more than I should.

Jonathan and Jen said...

i hope she starts leaving her treasures in the big potty.