Friday, June 26, 2009

The Cry of an Ostrich

The kids and I found ourselves at the mall the other day. It happened to be my birthday so I was anti-housework and anti-homework... so in lieu of those things, we all hopped in the car and ran errands. We ended up at the mall. We ate lunch at subway in the food court, and then we wound up inside the little Claire's store and next thing I knew, we were all signed up to get the little girls' ears pierced. (Something I've wanted to do for a long while now)
Kyndi went first. She was nervous as all heck, requested both my hand and Morrissa's. She held really still and did so good!! She cried briefly as they went to do the second ear, but more out of anxiety of what was happening, than actual pain.
Next was Oaklee's turn. She sat on my lap - I had to hold her arms down with one arm and use my other arm to hold her head against my chest. They did the first ear and other than a tiny jump, she didn't move or cry. The second ear was a whole other ballgame!!! As soon as the little gun-thingy was in place, she let out the most ear-piercing (pun intended) scream you've ever heard, and the kids say her face was a hilarious disaster of screaming too (wish I had a picture of that)... It was crazy!! I am quite certain that the Agooa tribe in Africa heard her scream. Although they may very well have mistaken it for the cry of an ostrich or something... don't know, you'd have to ask them...
Anyways, they are both super cute with their earrings in!! Neither one is very fond of my washing their earlobes everyday, but they'll survive it. And It's so cute!!
Pictures now...

Apparently too many pictures... too close to nap time...

No comments: