Monday, June 8, 2009

Two Tales of Tona...


Two tales of Tona...Both regrettably without pictures....


A couple days ago I was sitting in my kitchen working on homework on my computer and the two babies were playing behind me on the floor. Oaklee says "An" (Ant) and I figure she must've found an ant that had creeped into our house to eat the crumbs beneath the high chair.

She says it again a little louder, and then again, followed by "Mom". Another "An, Mom" and I respond (Without looking) "Did you find an ant?" "Yep" She continues to tell me about the ants, and won;t let the topic go, now she's screaming-ish "An, Mom!" and tapping me on the back. I finally turn around to find Dayton with a mouth full of cheeto and quite possibly thirty ants. There were also quite a few of the little buggers cascading down his chin in a mass of drool. Yum Tona, good protein for you. Sadly I had him all cleaned up before the idea of the camera dawned on me.


Tale 2


Every morning the kids get the babies up and change their bums and bring Little Dude to my room to play (and by kids I mean Morrissa). This morning I awoke as usual to the sound of my bedroom door opening and the baby being dropped off. I laid in bed as I always do and was reading my book all the while listening to him play. Every few minutes he'd let out a squeal and I'd laugh and talk to him a bit and continue my reading. I was really tired and I kept dosing in and out a little, but all was safe for him. My room is total baby-proof central. He started getting a little fussy and so I'd say things like "Its okay little buddy, I'll finish this chapter and then we'll go down stairs". Very soon though I felt his little hands banging on my mattress as he cried. Poor kid, so I leaned down to get him and WHAT?!?!?!?! There was poop from here to kingdom come, and no diaper?!?!?!? Again, WHAT??!?!?! He was buck naked, covered head to toe (no exaggeration) in poop. In his hair, his eyes, his mouth!! Not to mention...the walls, the door, the clean laundry at the bottom of my bed, my shoes every toy he played with, every page of his book he was using...and worst of all, smeared into the carpet every place he had crawled. And the stench was outrageous!!! How had I not smelled it while reading??? And how exactly did he get his diaper off?? I was so overcome by the mess, I went into immediate action and bathed Tona, stuck the newly un-clean laundry in the wash, washed the walls, the door and the dresser. Cleaned the tiny handprints on the mattress, scrubbed his toys and wiped the book, and then dragged out the carpet cleaner which barely touched the mess, so I gave in and scrubbed at the carpet on my hands and knees before running the carpet cleaner again.

Sadly, no picture on this one either, but given the topic, would you have really liked to have seen such a disgusting disaster in picture form?? Isn't the picture in your mind a this point good enough??

No comments: