Tuesday, August 11, 2009

An Ice Cream Adventure

I recently ventured upon making homemade ice cream with my fancy new ice cream maker that my parents gave me for my birthday. (Side note: When I say recently, I mean well over a month ago...) It was delicious! The deliciousness of it though is not my reason for writing. The reason for my writing can be explained in two parts. Part 1- I used waffle cone bowls for everybody except Little Dude. For him, I gave him a cone in which the rim was lightly dipped in ice cream. He ate the cone in 3.46589 minutes flat. He downed it! The second one too, and was still begging for more! (Apparently my ice cream skills are phenomenal)


Part 2 - Oaklee loved her ice cream so much so that she left it exactly where I put it, and ate the entire bowl surrounding it. (Consequently leaving ice cream run off all over her tray).

(Take note the left side of the picture is the ice cream and spoon leaking from what used to be her bowl.) (Also note, anytime I try to take a picture these days she pulls a crazy forced "Cheese" face.)
Perhaps there is a 3rd part to which I am willing to admit to you at this time: Each person got their own bowl of ice cream. The ice cream tank makes 6 quarts. (for those who struggle with the math, that is 1.5 gallons) I ate all the rest myself. It was divine! (Not all at once!! It took a few days, cut me some slack here!)


1 comment:

Erin Macceo said...

Dayton looks very much like Tate in that first picture. And this makes me want to try out my ice cream maker that's hasn't come out of the box in well over 2 years. haha