Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A New Phenomenon

Peace and quiet. Not something often found in this house…ever! Until today… Kamron took the kids swimming at the Spanish Fork Resevoir. I opted to stay home to complete some tasks. Dayton got to stay home with me and is sound asleep in his crib. They’ve been gone a little over an hour now, and what have I accomplished? I’ll tell you. Nothing. That’s right folks, I stayed home to get stuff done and upon being slammed with total peace and quiet, I have opted out of chores and opted into relaxation. It’s nice. I had forgotten what quiet houses felt like. But I have to be honest with you, I did call them a few minutes ago to find out when they are coming home, the honest truth is, I miss them already. But for now I will continue to enjoy the sounds of the refrigerator running and the single fly that continuously buzzes around my head. And I can enjoy the last piece of homemade Key Lime Pie without any hoodlums standing at my feet begging for a bite. Aaahhh…this is the life.
(P.S. What a good dad to venture out and take them all swimming by himself, right?)

1 comment:

cari said...

I love being able to eat a treat and not having to share!! It is just wonderful! Have fun with your silence!