Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Factory-store

So let me just try to explain the game my Littles are playing... I'm bundled in a blanket on the couch working on homework and they are kneeling on the wood floor, kneeling up to the couch (make sense?) Apparently this serves as some sort of factory/store – I can order anything I want and within seconds it is tossed my direction. I'm certain many kids play a similar game to this – but here are the highlights for me... Dayton was telling me a menu of items available for my purchase – the list was something like this:

"We have cookies, broccoli, treats, candy bars, lemonade, ice cream and spaghetti. Oh, and balloons, what do you want? "

I selected ice cream and was promptly told (by Oaklee) that it'll be “16 bucks” When informed her I have no money, Dayton piped up with, “I'll hurry and go to Walmart and buy you some more money!”

Another list Dayton was giving me included Watermelon but he couldn't quite remember the word or figure out how to say it: “we have mellymelly, I mean wallymiller, no, what is that?” “Watermelon?” “Ya, Wawermelom”.
Every time I place an order for anything (food or not) Dayton types it into a computer and it just pops it right out for me.

Oaklee is very stingy on her prices – and every time I pay her for my merchandise she declares, “yes! I'm more rich!”

No comments: