Friday, March 6, 2009

I've Got A Secret...


I’ve got a secret… We’re going to Disneyland, on Monday, 3 days away – but the kids don’t know it. In fact they have absolutely no clue!! The two babies are going to stay at my mom’s house, and the rest of us are loading up in the car Monday morning (bright and early, 6 AM) – Their suitcases are already packed and in the back of the Suburban. The story will go something like this: “You’re dad has a job interview far away and we don’t know how long it’ll take. We don’t want to leave you all home alone that long so you’re riding with us” We’ll take off in the car and end up at the airport, they’ll freak out over getting to ride in an airplane! The story at that point will change a bit to: “We never said we were driving there!” When we land we’ll be picked up by the Disneyland Express and dropped at our hotel right across from Disneyland!! I think when the bus pulls up a few might catch on, I guarantee Morrissa will still be confused and believing the “job interview” story.
We’ll be there Monday through Thursday. It will be a blast! Tyson and Morrissa have been there before but not Tate and Kyndi. We’ll have tons of fun. On top of all that, I have a mom who attends Disneyland very frequently and was so excited about us going that she typed up a whole list of ‘must sees’ for me, and its all color coded even! Mom loves Disneyland.
And just a side note… My mom called yesterday to let me know she has set up a bedroom for the two babies, with beds and a giant stuffed Mickey Mouse. And she found the double stroller and getting oit all clean and ready... I think she’s pretty excited to have them for a few days… Hopefully she’ll survive it.

3 comments:

Kayla Lynn Simmons said...

Can I come to your parents house and play with the babies?

Vee said...

What fun! I love surprising my kids, but throw Disneyland on top of that and wow! I don't know if that can be beat. Enjoy your trip!

Rachel Banks said...

Have a blast!