Tuesday, November 17, 2009

ChatterBox Indeed


I previously informed the world of my proud moment when Dayton spoke his first word: mom. Love it. (Except that for the first week or two it was incredibly overused) .. Since then there is another word he uses even more often than 'mom': Hee-Oh. Definition is still unknown. He says this word all day long in a whiney voice. I cannot for the life of me figure out what it means - but once he starts Hee-oh-ing, there's no stop to it. Poor kid, I wish I understood.

With that confusing word of his, it got me thinking, are there other words he speaks with purpose that I haven't yet picked up on? Answer: yes, there are two. Awe! and Mbaw. Mbaw is "ball" You know when you have a cold and your m's and n's come out a little B or D-ish? Thats sorta the way Mbaw sounds... like he's trying to say mall with a cold, make sense?

As for Awe! - when said it is shouted in an all choppy-like and abrupt fashion. It's pretty funny. This apparently means hi. (or perhaps he's a bit more eloquent; hello how are you doing this lovely day?) We were sitting in the waiting room at a dr's office today and everytime a new person entered the room he'd shout Awe! And everytime he did the new person would respond "hi" back to him. He'd get a pleased grin and go about his business until the next new person arrived.
Apparently he does talk - we just don't know it. (Any insight on "Hee-Oh" would be grestly appreciated)

No comments: