Thursday, November 12, 2009

Jamien Snarflatt

My baby brother left on his mission yesterday. For now he is at the MTC but will ultimately be serving in the Texas Houston South mission. If your next question is "English or Spanish?" Both are wrong. Mandarin Chinese.
I love my brother. We are 10 years apart so I'm not generally as close to him as to some of my other siblings. That actaully makes me sad. As I watched him walk into the MTC yesterday my heart was full. When did such a cute little boy grow up? In my mind, he's still 10.
In 2001 when I got married, I remember how stinking cute he was in his tux. I have apicture of him sitting on my lap, me in my wedding dress, him in his tux, and it is by far my favorite picture from my entire wedding. I remember when all was said and done he was upset he had to return his tux to the rental store. Cute. I love that boy.
I've called him Jamien since he was little. He wouldn't let anyone else call him that. I recently told him I;'d write to him as "Elder Snarflatt" He said "No" I said "who should I write to then?" "Jamien". (His real name is Jameson) (many people know him now as Jamie and growing up he was known at our house as Jamers)
He's grown into an amazing young man. And really, I will miss the brief conversations he and I have when I call my parents house to get ahold of my mom and he always answers. He's amazing and I love him.
(I'll get a picture of him posted as soon as I have a recent one)

No comments: