Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The First Day of Summer

Oh the first day of summer has finally arrived! This is how we celebrated...




























Tyson and Tate went first - you can tell Tyson was embarrassed. Jersi was supposed to walk down with the boys - they were going to hold each of her hands and help her walk down the aisle - She decided to be a screamer that day and didn't want anyone but her mom or dad.  She cried and cried, so Kamron took her with him up to the front.
 Morrissa and Kyndi where next.
 Oaklee followed as the "flower girl" but her flowers were mini pinwheels instead.  The whole way down the aisle she was being encouraged from the sidelines to throw her pinwheels from the basket. She never threw any. Not even one.  I found out later she chose this option cuz she wanted to keep them all.
Dayton was supposed to be next - I think in one of the pictures you can see him standing in line ready to go - but at the last minute he chickened out.  Cute kid. So he walked down with me. (With his sign upside down)

I was sorta glad he walked with me. It took alot of attention off of me (or at least it calmed me in thinking that) (and he distracted me from getting super emotional)

Our Judge was Judge Dawson from Bountiful. He is fantastic. I really liked him. Although, he did embarrass me by making me face the audience while the gave me a "round of applause"  and he had me hug Kamron twice during the ceremony... he made the ceremony fun. Even cracked a few jokes. It was great.

He recognized each of the kids by name and them invited them to be seated. Dayton wasn't fond of that idea. He stayed with me, clinging to my leg.  At one point he was hidden behind me and kept peaking out around me to see the crowd.  Cute little grouch.

The Judge introduced us as Kamron and Stefanie Petersen and I hopped on Kamron's back.  All the kid followed us up the aisle.

As a sidenote:
The kidlets walked down the aisle to an acoustic version of Annie's Song by John Denver ("You feel up my senses")
I walked down (with Dayton) to Marry Me by Train
At the end we walked off (piggybacked) to I'm Alive by Celine Dion.

1 comment:

Kelly and Family said...

Yea! Congrats! Love the photos! You look beautiful! I love purple!