Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Unwanted House Guest

So yesterday I came home from shopping with Dayton and Jersi to find my front door hanging open. (Like a foot or so)  Totally weird, right?  Dayton says, "Nice one mom, you let bugs in our house!"  He was so worried about the bugs, glad that burglars never crossed his mind...
My front door open didn't phase me too much - the door has been having difficulty closing tightly lately.  I figured I must have not gotten it pulled quite tight and the wind had opened it.  Mystery solved.
Fast forward to the next day.  Dayton, Jersi, and I stayed home all day.  We never left my bedroom for the most part (other than breakfast and dinner).  We spent the time in my room getting stuff done, homework, case notes, cleaning, etc.  Around 2:45 Morrissa returned home from school to find a cat sitting in our front room.  Um, what?!  Obviously it snuck in the day before with the open door - but where was it hiding all that time??  Weird, and a wee bit creepy.

The kids took an immediate liking to the cat, and Jersi named it "Hello Kitty, Kitty"  And here's the kicker...Kamron said they could keep it.  GULP.  Ya, we'll see how that goes...




No comments: