Monday, January 26, 2009

The Good News


Well folks, as the economy keeps declining and life continues to grow more and more interesting all over, we too have joined the masses and have been bitten by the un-employment bug. Kamron was laid off two weeks ago, but we figure, such is life, we're not alone in this crazy struggle and besides, there is much to be celebrated about it...
With Kamron home all the time now:

*I get more time with my very best friend
*He gets more time to play with the kids and get to know each one better
*We occasionally cook together
*We went together to Parent-teacher conferences last week
*He folds his own laundry for me (and sometimes helps with the other laundry too)
*I get adult conversation during the day (this is HUGE as usually a 6 month old, a 1 year old and a 4 year old aren't much up to date on modern day topics)
*He drives me to work when the weather is bad
*Sometimes he lets me sleep in
*I even caught him cleaning the toilet the other day!! (I'm one lucky woman!!)



So yes, much to be celebrated - and on top of all that, I have now decided there is no time like the present to get back in school to get my degree.


So to my list of job descriptions that looks a little something like this:


Full time mom (to 6 kids, and two of them are under 2)
part-time worker
housekeeper
master chef/chauffeur/taxi driver/crime solver/fight referee/comforter/philosopher/teacher/therapist/doctor/advisor/ and wiper of tears, noses (and bums)


I now proudly add:

Full time student.



You read that right folks, I am one busy woman living in complete chaos and loving every minute of it!!

5 comments:

Tawni Williams said...

I am soooo impressed at your optimism - you are amazing - it's inspiring -

Erin Macceo said...

I'd like to add to your list one more thing...Attending a Quest celebration soon! Barb and a few others are going next month you should come!!!! Only if you deserve to though.... :)

Vee said...

Way to go. Where are you going to go? Good luck. If you ever feel the need to commiserate, just email me. I will gladly commiserate with you.

Jonathan and Jen said...

Move to Colorado!

Rachel Banks said...

Sounds crazy but if anyone can do it, you can do it! I'm proud of you. Also, your Oaklee is adorable. I love her cheeks.