Monday, January 12, 2009

Roni and Moe


Roni and Moe are Tyson and Morrissa. (Somewhere in time I started calling them these alternate names…) (Kamron calls them Little Feller and Baby Girl) What cute kids these two are – they are both very helpful (most times) and quite hilarious. Tyson is 12 and in seventh grade and Morrissa is 10 and in the 5th grade.
When Tyson gets tired he gets hyper and suddenly thinks everything is hilarious that he does. And he has a crazy clapping habit. He’ll clap very loud all day long and not even realize he’s doing it. (Until Kamron finally shouts, “Clapper!” – then it stops)
Morrissa is always making up new dances to songs she has in her cd player. Her and her best friend Jessie do this for hours on end.
They are both sweet kids, there have been many times when I have found hand written notes on my pillow or elsewhere that tell me I’m a good mom, and thanks for all I do and they love me. Morrissa has done this numerous times and one day (about 6 months ago) I found another note on my bed and thought for sure it was from Morrissa again, but to my utter amazement (and joy) I founds it signed “Tyson” at the end. He’s left other notes since then too. Cute kids.
When these two were little Tyson locked Morrissa in a suitcase which required Kamron doing a code to get it to open again. He also at one time shoved a doll finger up Morrissa’s nose which required a trip to the hospital for removal.
Tyson and Morrissa are constantly in some kind of tooth-count competition. Almost daily one of them (usually Tyson) asks me how many teeth I have and then they proceed to count their own to see how far from me they are. Cracks me up. Tyson is proud to have reached 5 feet tall recently and Morrissa is close behind at like 4’ 10” or something very close to that. They wear the same size clothes. We hafta keep telling Tyson he’ll grow one of these days because it seems Morrissa might pass him up. Embarrassing story for the two of them… One day they came running to me to announce which one had more armpit hair than the other – and they were excited about it!!! Yikes! And Morrissa is only 10!!
Tyson is a very good student, actually they both are, but there was one day when we had a wedding to go to and I gave them the option of going to school half a day or just staying home, Tyson was the only kid who voluntarily went to school. What a crazy kid.
We were playing a game recently called “Whoonu” where everyone has cards in their habnd with one word on them – the basic idea is that you look at your cards and decide which player would most like what card. And then from there, the person who just received cards from everyone chooses which is their favorite from that new stack of cards… (there’s more to it than this but not relevant to this story) It was Tyson’s tunr to choose from his stack and it went a little like this: “Not this one. (Forest) Not this one (beach) Not this one (singing) Not this one (dinosaurs) I guess it’s this one” and he proceeded to lay down “Valentine’s Day” ….wonder what that could mean…
Tyson and Morrissa are both shy kids. Morrissa is a little less shy as she’ll dance in front of people and do other such performances – but I think Tyson would freak out over the very idea of it.
Morrissa likes all things Hannah Montana and High School Musical (and has a not-so-secret crush on Zach from the HSM series) And she recently informed me that at her old school she really liked a boy named Chase, and that her friend Jessie told her he’s even cuter this year than last year. Oh the joys of being ten… Her favorite colors are pink and purple and when she grows up she wants to be a cheerleader (at least that’s the most recent information I have – as she is right now at school and I cannot ask her). I like to refer to Morrissa as the “Amelia Bedelia” at our house. Anyone remember those Amelia Bedelia books? She’d take everything literally that people told her and follow it to the letter. Morrissa has very similar experiences quite often – my favorite was about a year ago – the garbage man had just left our house and I turned to Morrissa and said, “Mors, the garbage man just came, will you go bring the garbage can in?” 5 minutes later I turned around when she said “Where do you want it?” and found that she had brought the big black garbage can into our house and was now standing in the kitchen with it. She must have really hated me when she was trying to get it up the back steps and into the door.
Tyson loves Baseball and playing his Playstation and DS. He also enjoys reading factual books, like the ones that tell you fascinating facts about life, or animals or the earth, etc. His favorite colors are black and blue and I’m pretty sure he still wants to play major league baseball (probably for the Atlanta Braves – that’s his dad’s favorite team)
And interesting tidbit on Tyson – he loves everything his dad does. If his dad has an opinion on something, Tyson’s opinion automatically matches. They like the same games, the same sports, the same everything – Until it comes to college football. That’s when it differs 100%. Kamron is anti-BYU, he loves the Utes and Tyson is all for BYU! (that’s right, he is definitely my kid on this one!!) In fact even when Utah played against Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, Tyson was rooting for Alabama with me. I’ve trained him so well!

No comments: