Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm Warning You Now... I'm gonna be Far Too Busy...

Spring Semester is rapidly coming to a close. My last day of finals is like the 28th of April or something similar to that… Summer semester starts shortly thereafter on the 5th of May. I had a few dilemmas I was dealing with… this baby is due the end of August-ish. However, not one of my children has been full term – in fact they’ve all made their appearance at least 3 weeks early… so I’m looking at early August sometime… which throws it smack dab at summer finals time and also way too close to fall semester (which begins the end of August) – I can’t exactly take maternity leave from school… it just doesn’t work that way… So the decision has been made… (and brace yourself for my 500% insanity) I am taking 18 credit hours (6 classes) all within a 6 week block. That means my classes go from May 5th to June 23rd. Two of my classes are the entire semester – but the other 4 will by crunched into a six week period. Yikes. Why am I doing this to myself? I have a death wish I suppose… no, it just seems it’ll be far easier to completely stress myself out for 6 weeks straight and then have the rest of the summer to just be with my children and enjoy life, and prepare for this new baby.. So with that said, my birthday is the 24th of June – if I am still alive for the 1st anniversary of my 29th birthday – then it will be a success!! (Just as a side note – if any of you are expecting a blog entry from me in that 6 week time frame – you better change your expectations right now) … Also – along with this, I am quitting my job at The Mart. I’ve been displeased with that job for far too long – it’s causing me far more stress than needed, and with the forthcoming semester there is no way I can continue to do it all. So I am happy to report – I put in my 4 weeks’ notice – and what was my manager’s reaction to my “I’m letting you know I am quitting” ?? “Oh, Good!!” What?!?!?!?!? I think she knows I’m wearing myself way too thin. I think she’s happy for me – but she threw me off guard for a second. I am thrilled for my upcoming stresses and delightfulnesses! Wish me luck! If you call me on my birthday and I answer the phone, take that as a sign that I have survived it.
(Oh, PS I forgot to mention – after I accomplish this summer semester chaos, I only have 11 classes left… that means 4 in the fall, 4 in the spring and 3 next summer and I am done!!!! WOOOHOO!!!!!) (Then bring on Grad school…)

2 comments:

Ara said...

Now remind me what you're majoring in? I say kudos to you! If you think you can do it, more power to ya! :)

Rachel Banks said...

That sounds miserable. Good luck with it all!