Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Where in the World?

It's true. I have been neglecting you lately. Why? Too busy. It's not school keeping me so busy, nor is it work or my plethora of children or my pregnancy or Kamron... it's not even the television occupying my time. What on earth could is possibly be then? Well, I'll tell you. This:

Those are blankets and burp cloths my friends. All hand crafted by yours truly. Truth is I always wanted a rag quilt for my babies and I secretly hoped that someone would get me one. No such luck. Then my fabulous younger sister Sharli (not to be confused with Samantha who is equally fabulous) taught me how to make them!!! Woot! (That was for you Sam) Turns out she got a sewing machine for Christmas and her mother-in-law is now teaching her how to use it by making a rag quilt. I am so thrilled!! However, there is one issue... I'm addicted. I couldn't stop at just one... I made a girl one and then a boy one (Cuz who knows which gender this new baby will be...) and then I made another boy one for my cousin, and now I've also ventured into making rag-quilt burp cloths and diaper changing pads... It's a sickness really. And I still have enough fabric left over to make roughly 3 more blankets and 20+ burp cloths and such. Yikes. I even scare myself. Anywho - I've done all this in the past 3 weeks... and congrats to Sharli who just finished her first one yesterday (Or maybe it was the day before..)

1 comment:

Ara said...

Those are absolutely adorable!!!