Friday, August 26, 2011

Bathtub Mishap

This is what a one year old looks like who has just fallen into a bathtub full of water - to be immediately rescued by her three year old brother and now I'm not sure if she's more upset about nearly drowning or the fact that she can't play in the water. Either way, she's screaming! (And I'm so proud of Dayton)

I had just bathed the Littles and Jersi - I set off to get Jersi and Dayton dressed and came back to wash Oaklee's hair.  While doing that, I lost Jersi.  She had gotten downstairs and into the pantry...  So I decided it is time to set up the baby gate. As I was adjusting the gate Oaklee got herself outta the tub and was in her room getting dressed.
Next thing I know Dayton's yelling "Mom, Jersi fell in!" I pretty much threw the baby gate and went running as I heard splashing about and choking noises which tells me Oaklee forgot to drain the tub, and/or shut the bathroom door.  In the 5.8 seconds it took me to get to the bathroom - Dayton had reached in and pulled her out. As soon as he saw me he burst into tears "It wasn't my fault - I didn't do anything"  He was all panicky about her falling in the tub.  I told him "You just saved your sister's life!" The tears were replaced with a smile and he hugged me.  Jersi was screaming at this point - and coughing off and on - but seemed to be ok.  She continued screaming for 5 minutes or so and banged on the bathroom door - apparently he pulled her out before she was done playing!
I'm so proud of Dayton and his quick thinking rescue skills! He's very protective of his baby sister - anytime he feels she's in danger (like whenever she's near the stairs) He gets someone's attention to get her moved. Love that little dude - and I'm so glad he was watching her!!

No comments: