Saturday, August 20, 2011

Without a Trace

Kyndi and I had a conversation pretty identical to this: 
Kyndi: Mom can I take the Littles on a walk?
Me: Why don't you take them around the corner to the park?
Kyndi: Okay
Me: Wanna take Jersi in the stroller too?
Kyndi: Really? Sure!

We have a park less than a block from our house in a little townhouse community... Within minutes she had them all loaded up.
This left me and Tate as the only people home.
After about 10 minutes a storm started brewing and I thought it best that the kiddos all come home.  I sent Tate to the playground to get them. He returned with news that dropped my heart into my stomach in 1 second flat - "They're not over there"
Panic Mode (PM): Where are my kids?!
Logical Mind (LM) : They're probably headed home and just went a different way around the block - or they could have decided to play on the grassy field around the other corner.

I sent Tate to check the grassy spot and I headed in the car around the block.  Neither of us had any luck - in fact Tate even asked a few people in their yards if they had seen them. Nope.

PM: Oh my gosh, I've lost my kids!
LM: Keep breathing. They've gotta be around here somewhere... check the Jr. high behind the house and maybe a couple spots around the neighborhood that Kyndi has been known to go.

I sent Tate to check a different grassy spot and I headed around a few other blocks specifically checking yards for our stroller... Nothing.

PM: Seriously, did someone steal my kids?!
LM: Nobody is gonna steal 4 kids at a time, plus a stroller and 2 scooters! Keep looking.

I had Tate stay home in case they showed up - and I continued to drive around looking everywhere I could think of.  I even went 6 blocks down and checked the Elementary School. No sign of them anywhere!

PM: Oh my gosh, my kids are seriously gone! How am I gonna tell Kamron that I lost our kids?!
LM: Go home, see if they showed up there, if they haven't - go ahead and panic! Call Kamron and maybe the police. (Keep in mind this is roughly 30 - 40 minutes later. There is thunder and lightning everywhere and the wind is blowing like mad...)

I turn the car around heading back home - I pass the school again and just happen to see a stroller in the distance that maybe looks like mine I pull up to the curb to get a better look and I hear a voice yell, "Jersi!" I look and there is Jersi, climbed by herself at the top of the playground (You know where you get onto the fireman's pole at?) looking over the edge.  A quick look around finds Kyndi Oaklee and Dayton in various tunnels and slides... nobody watching the baby... 

PM: KYNDI!! You are in so much trouble! How dare you bring the kids here without telling me! And bringing them across all those streets! You coulda gotten them all killed!! I told you that you could take them to the playground by our house! Nothing I said was anything about going to your school!!  And who the crap is watching jersi?!?!?!  ... .... etc... ... ... etc... ... ... until we got home...  Now she's grounded from outside for life and my kids are safely home. I am still operating in panic mode cuz I still hafta tll Kamron I lost the kids for a while today...  Wow. Just glad I found them.
Wow, that's a total energy killer. Perhaps we should all just take a nap.

No comments: