Monday, August 1, 2011

Kool-aid + Salt...

Among other various activities and projects we've done this summer, I ventured into Playdough making...  I've never been a big fan of playdough - it makes crumbly messes and all... but I thought I'd give it a try when I stumbled upon a Koolaid Playdough recipe. 
Simple recipe:

•1 1/2 cups flour
•1/4 cup salt
•packages unsweetened Kool-Aid mix
•1 cup boiling water
•1 1/2 tablespoons oil

1. Mix flour, salt and Kool-Aid well in a large bowl.
2. Add boiling water and oil and then mix with a wooden spoon until it sticks together.
3. When cooled and you can handle the dough mix the rest by hand blending all the color in so it is a nice even color

And voila!

Pretty colors, and smells good too!! (If you use two koolaid packets for each dough, it smells even better)...
It's been amazingly wonderful to have playdough at our house!  I put the separate colors in separate little tubs and put them in the outside fridge.  I also gathered odds and ends from around the house to play with the playdough with... Almost daily the kids ask to play playdough and they stay entertained or hours on end. It's fabulous! Yes, there is generally a mess at the end, but its generally minimal and can be handled with a cloth or broom. 


 Morrissa's creation...
 Jersi tasted it once and decided it wasn't delicious - then she actually played with it for 10 minutes before she handed it back to me.



Congratulations Kool-aid Playdough - you have won me over!

No comments: