Wednesday, April 15, 2009

American Idol and All That Jazz


For those of you who don't know (and also for those that do) I am an avid American Idol follower. I even auditioned in Seattle in '06. (By far, one of the very best experiences of my entire existence)

Sadly I work nights, which happens to be the time of day that the show airs, thus causing me to possibly miss episodes...but this was remedied a few weeks by the addition of a DVR to our house...

Here are my current contestant views:

Scott, I am so glad they ridded us of him last week. Nice guy and all, but he was merely a sympathy vote and never succeeded in wowing me.

Lil, I hope she's the next to go. She just bugs me for reasons unknown.

Next person that needs to leave the show: Anoop. Just not my style at all. Enough on that.

Kris, he's a no-name to me. Every time he comes on screen i make a comment such as "oh, I forgot he was on this show" (Sorry Brooke Stone, I know you have a secret crush) to me, he doesn't scream "star quality".

Then there's the other guy, I can't remember his name. (According to the American Idol website, his name is Matt)To me he is in a similar category with Kris. Nice guy, nice voice, just not good enough or rememberable (the term Simon often uses)

Danny, nerdy guy, but has that good-guy super-cute-super-nice vibe and he's a really good singer, I just don't think he has winning potential because he's up against two others who will out perform him every time. He is Kamron's favorite by far. I like Danny alot. Mostly as a person and for what he has recently gone through (his wife died). I don't think he has the voice to win, cuz there are 2 others far better at performing than he, but he is my favorite as a person by far (just don't tell Kamron this, as he is of the opinion that I cannot stand him and I would like it to stay this way... sort of a rivalry thing) Kamron is certain he will win, but I am not in agreeance with this. I have determined he will place third.

Second place will be awarded to Allison. She is 16 and man oh man she's got a voice. I am very entertained by her, and cannot believe she is 16. She's been in the bottom 3 twice, but that was America's mistake and I am certain it will not happen again.

Winner would have to be Adam. He just so artistic. He's not so pleasing to the eye (as Danny may be) and he seems pretty wild and crazy, but I really like his style and his ability to take a well known song and knock the socks off of it with his own version. Kamron believes this to be maniacal screaming of sorts. But since when did he know what he was ever talking about?? (I love you Kam). (See here again comes the spousal rivalry that is alive and well in our home) Anyways, in my humble and most expert opinion, Adam will take the Cake (and the money too).

With that said, last night's performances shocked me. They did songs from movies. Wow. It was an emotional night for me. (And it did total crazy-bizarre stuff to my brainwaves too... more on that momentarily)

Anoop sang "Everything I do" by Bryan Adams. This song bores me, I've heard it far too much. But somehow in the course of him singing this song I was totally emotionally overtaken. Wow. I loved it. Never seen such a good performance out of him... perhaps they can keep him a bit longer...

Then Danny performed. He sang "Endless Love" The song itself bored me, but somehow the message in it and the idea he was singing it for his late wife absolutely moved me to tears. Seriously. I watched it twice and both times tears fell. (If Kamron asks, they were tears of boredom)

... Now here's where it gets really strange: In some crazy-bizarre moment of over emotion, I waited for Kamron to go to sleep and then wrote him this super-sappy love letter. Don't know what brought it on, but I did it, left it with his keys and went to bed.

What a weird night. But enjoyable none-the-less. Here's hoping Lil leaves the show tonight. It better not be Danny, Adam or Allison. (remember I work nights and hafta watch it later, so don't anybody go spoiling it for me before I get to watch it.)

No comments: