Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Tale of a Pill (and a strawberry too)


I think it is so hilarious when little kids can't swallow pills. They can swallow mouths full of candy but not a little pill. Tate has some crazy hive-ish rash and I gave him a Benadryl pill. He filled his mouth with water and swallowed - it was still there. He tried again, this time sloshing the water around, it was still on his tongue where it started. Again he tries and does not succeed - and by now the pill is slowly deteriorating... he has a look of total disgust on his face. He tries once more and the look on his face turns to sheer joy - it must've worked this time. Yep! He proudly sticks out his tongue and nothing remains except a streak of pinkness.

This reminds me of a story of my sister Samantha from when we were little. (Have I told this story on here before?) She always had the hardest time swallowing pills - but give her a situation where she has just snuck into the strawberries and doesn't wanna get caught and she can suddenly swallow the big ol berry whole!! How do we know this? Simple - she was sick later that night and happened to puke - not only did she swallow the strawberry whole, she puked it up whole too!! (Maybe TMI, but it was hilarious!!) I remember us sibling were totally wigging out over the crazyness of such a feat! And she can't swallow a teeny tine pill?? (She'll never live this one down, sorry Sam)

I do find it amazing that Tate can swallow big ol' mouthfuls of nerds and all kinds of other crazy stuff - but not a pill? Its so psychological it cracks me up!

1 comment:

Sam said...

I was scared alright?? I wasn't supposed to be getting in to the fridge and mom walked in right as i put the strawberry in my mouth.... You need to scare Tate as soon as he puts the pill in his mouth, he might just swallow it whole