Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Curse of the Pig

So... Kyndi started with her miserable sickness on Saturday. It was just a major fever and over-sleepiness. She had no other symptoms. By sunday night I was super worried. I decided I'd take her to the dr first thing monday morning. Monday morning came and she was up and happy and no fever. She was back to her normal self. Oh good.

Then came Tuesday... she awoke with a fever again, and a cough. Took her to insta care. They stuck a swab-thinger clear up her little nose. (She hated that!!) Went home and she rested. (pretty much the same thing she's done since saturday)

Wednesday she seemed a little better but now her throat hurts. Dayton's been extra whiney... and woke up from nap time with a slight fever. Took him to his dr. They pulled Kyndi's test results from instacare and found her Swine flu results were positive. No doubt that's what Dayton has. They ran a quick 15 minute test to verify. Yep. Dayton has it too.

Here's the problem with that news... Kyndi having it didn't bother me so much. She's considered "low risk" and other than watching her suffer, not much we could do, and I knew she'd be okay. Dayton however was born with lung issues and has had problems ever since. He is considered 'high risk'. The dr prescribed two medications for his nebulizer to help his lungs keep functioning okay. Then he also got an antibiotic for his ear infections (in both ears) (seriously, when this kid gets sick, he gets it all) and then Tamiflu which is the swine flu medication. I'm to watch him carefully and if his fever rises or he seems to be struggling with breathing or if his cough gets worse I hafta take him back in.

Now, in all reality, I know he'll be fine. But I'd be lying if I said that panic didn't hit me. It hit me HUGE! I don't want him back in the hospital. That's not a fun time.

You should seriously see every thing I left the pharmacy with!! The clerk at the pharmacy was laughing over it. dayton's nebulizer meds come in big ol boxes - and there were two boxes for each one.

Now we've got Morrissa sick too. 3 kids down, 3 to go, and all while Kamron is in Wyoming for work. Its crazy!!



Any ideas on how to get a 15 month old to actual like using his nebulizer??

1 comment:

Ara said...

I'm sorry to hear that your kids are sick. :( I hope they get feeling better asap!!!