Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Guts

When I was little I didn't enjoy carving pumkins much because I hated the pumpkin guts... they took forever to get out of my pumpkin!! The other day we set out to carve pumpkins...in past years I have avoided helping by making dinner or cookies or taking pictures whilst the carving was going on. This year I helped. And guess what? The guts aren't so bad, they don't take nearly as long as an adult as I remember them taking as a child!! Maybe pumpkins have ceased in so much gut production since then, I don't know. But we had fun.
Each kid gets a pen and draws the face they want onto their pumpkin, then Kamron and I open the pumpkins and the kids clean them out. (I helped Kyndi and Kamron did Oaklee's) Then we carved them up according to what was drawn. (Tyson carved his own) (We don't quite trust Moe with a knife yet...) :)

Here's what we created!!

Morrissa's has a wart on it's nose (Can't really see that from the picture) and a unibrow. I think hers gets the award for creativity. Oaks just made scribbly polka-dots all over hers so Kamron invented a face for hers, which he claims is the scariest of all the pumpkin faces. Dayton was sleeping during the carve-fest, and for pictures, he was throwing a fit on the sidewalk!!

2 comments:

Rachel Banks said...

Very cute! Congrats.

Ara said...

Those are really cute!