Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Issues with the Tooth Fairy


Tate lost a tooth yesterday. It has been loose forever. He was thrilled that the tooth fairy would be bringing him some money for his tooth. Well, to his utter dismay, the tooth fairy never showed. (Oops)

Being the quick-thinking mom that I am, I explained that maybe she was extremely busy last night so maybe she'd make a special appearance today while the kids were all at school. Tate's reaction: "Oh! I bet she will! Okay, I'll go put my tooth back under my pillow"

He got home from school, ran to his room and... the tooth fairy forgot, again!!! What?!?! What kind of crappy tooth fairy do we have living around here???

Tate's disappointment broke my heart.

So, being the wonderful mom that I am, I texted the tooth fairy. We got a response back right away. I showed it to Tate. It said something about I'm sorry I've been so busy, I promise I will stop by tonight. Thank you for waiting. And it showed up as coming from the actual tooth fairy!Phew! Problem solved! (Now hopefully she remembers her promise when night time arrives!)


(And thank goodness for friends who are willing to send tooth fairy messages, and for the ability to change contact's names in my phone to say "Tooth Fairy")

1 comment:

cari said...

Don't fell bad about forgeting. I have before. The toothfairy had to pay intrest in that case!