Tuesday, June 1, 2010

You and Me Go Fishin in the Dark

Summer is here - which means return of our free date-night activity: fishing.
We have discovered this new spot in Springville that has millions of white bass. It's so much fun - Kamron barely has his line in the water and there is practically a fish on it everytime.
Now me, I'm a different story. In the night that Kamron caught 18, I caught 2. But I am thrilled with my two - AND Kamron decided if I catch them, I hafta get them off my line myself - which means that I hafta actually stick my finger in their mouth - that is so freaky!! seriously. I think I shrieked both times.
I was thrilled with my 2 fish - as 1-I don't really wanna touch them, and 2-I'm in it for the relaxation of it. After a long stressful day it is so relaxing to go hang out by the little river, hear the sound of the water running past, and wait for my pole to wiggle.
We did take the 3 littles with us one time - with their own poles. There was no relaxation for me involved that time - as I was constantly fixing tangled lines, pulling kids out of mud and watching their every move to avoid drowning adventures of all types.


...Mud on his hands...
..and everywhere else...
(He slipped in a big mud patch and couldn't get out - cuz it was so slippery)

We went to a different spot a few days later and whilst Kamron caught a big fat ZERO, I caught 1 Albino Trout - woot for me!! (Lucky for me - he jumped off my line all by himself as I was showing him to Kyndi) (Kyndi was totally freaked out by the very thought that I had a real fish on my line...) - We took Kyndi with us - cuz she wanted to really try to catch a fish this time.. she even had a nibble and she was thrilled!!

Summary: I love fishing. But mostly when it's just me and Kam.

No comments: