Friday, June 11, 2010

You Are My One and Only

Oaklee started dance class last week. It was her one and only class. She just stood there the entire hour staring at everyone else. Towards the end she started to cry. She told me she doesn't wanna do it anymore.
At home she is such a dancer - so I thought dance class would be a good option - but turns out they only do ballet, and they techniques and all just didn't thrill her at all. Check it out... She's the one in the purple doing nothing but standing there...
Not too thrilling.
What did thrill her however, was attending Kyndi's first Gymnastics class... Now Oaklee desparately wants to take "Anashicks" So... I pulled her from dance (got a full refund) and enrolled her in Anashicks. I'll be sure to get plenty of pictures of that...
I actually am quite fond of the gymanstics facility. They have different stations they go to. Balance Beam, Tumbling, Parallel Bars, Spring Board, an elongated skinny trampoline... and tons more. Kyndi has so much fun. Sadly it's quite difficult to get pictures because they are either far below us (our bleachers are on a balcony-type thingy) or they are behind glass... But after I tell you of the typical Kyndi Manuever she performed, I'll share some pictures...
Kyndi's class was doing different routines on the elongated trampoline... this thing is HUGE in length but quite skinny... they had to perform things like a frog-hop from one end to the other, or summersaults, or a variety of other stunts. On this stunt in particular, they were to run their fastest to the other end and then jump off into the huge poofy mat below... Kyndi did the run-full-speed-ahead part very well - BUT she forgot the jumping part until far too l;ate and went face first, skidding across the poofy mat. Hilarious!! The lady next to me said "I wish you got that on camera!!" That my friends is a typical Kyndi manuever.
These pics are crappy quality but I'll take what I can get... (She's the one in a pink leotard and black pants and crazy hair...)

1 comment:

Kris said...

Didn't you used to cry at dance too? I still remeber when our mommys took turns to put on our makeup and help us with those lovely costumes (which I still sadly have by the way).....;)