Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day...Er, weekend...

So... Here is a delightful recap of 72 hours in the life of me... (Starting Friday the 8th of July until
Sunday the 10th)

Friday during school I received no fewer than 27 texts from my 13 year old (from our house cell phone) telling me various things like - "the kids aren't following rules" "the kids won't listen to me" the kids broke the lamp" "the kids won't share" etc. I left school early and decided not to complete my day there as just her texts (and the information in them) were getting on my nerves... ten minutes after I had arrived home, Dayton (my 2 year old) had locked my keys in my car...

I finally got that resolved and not ten minutes later, my little dog (Berklie) escaped from the backyard - when she returned she was covered in blood. She was leaving a trail of blood everywhere she went. I scooped her up and held her while I wiped blood off her to find where it was coming from. I finally found it was her two front paws - they were oozing blood. Looks like she got attacked by something - her toenails were sorta missing-ish. The bleeding just kept going... It was a mess and I started getting really worried. After 40 minutes of holding her paws I finally got the bleeding to stop.... After that she wouldnt come out of her dog house for anything.

Fast forward to Saturday - we (Kamron, Jersi and I) are out driving around and the clutch suddenly goes out on my car. Suddenly we can no longer drive. Its 90 something degrees out there and we get to walk a mile or so home. Fortunately we had a stroller in the trunk... I was in total panic mode - we do have a suburban but it is a total gas guzzler - it'd cost me $100 /week in gas to drive to school and back!

Now sunday. Sunday was Dayton's birthday - we had plans to go up to my mom's house (in Farmington) for a big ol party. Well, I woke up that morning puking and so did Morrissa - I was 100% miserable. I think Jersi is sick too cuz she's been ornery non-stop. I was feeling much better (perhaps something I ate??) and that evening-ish we head out the door to Farmington - when we are 30 minutes up the road, the suburban starts shaking uncontrollably - it seriously felt like it was going to shake apart right there on the freeway. Its the middle of a construction zone we have no where to pull over, we just had to slow down and wait for an exit. It was so freakin scary!! I call my mom bawling and they decide they are coming down to get us. While we wait for them, Oaklee (the 4 year old) starts puking all over the car. Lovely.

My family arrives and Kamron decides he's gonna attempt to take the suburban home on the back roads. We head to farmington, Oaklee keeps puking...We finally arrive at my parent's house, and Kamron calls to say he blew a tire and is now walking home. He has about a 4 mile journey ahead of him... we rush cake and ice cream and presents and head back so we can pick him up. AAAHHH.  Dayton is crying, Jersi is screaming. I'm in total panic because we no longer have a car, at. all. How will I get to school? How will Kamron get to work? How will I even get to the store to buy milk? And I'm worried about Kamron having to walk all that distance in the rain.

We finally get home, Dayton and Jersi are still crying, and then Oaklee gets stung by a hornet - seriously, when does it end??

That was my 72 hours. It sucked. By the nexty morning, I have no clue what we are gonna do, how we'll pay for anythng, or anything like that. I decided staying in bed was the best option (to avoid anything else going wrong).

Added note: No worries, things are a wee bit betterish now. Updated posts to follow...
Pictures of my poor Berklie and her adventure...
 




Just for general information - if ever you are given the opportunity to smell fresh dog blood, avoid it at all costs!!

1 comment:

The Bartholomew's said...

Hey, just for future notice...flour works as a great blood stop in instances such as this!! :)