Wednesday, May 27, 2009

From the Mind and Mouth of One Boy Named Tate


So Tate informed me today that after he retires from playing with the Utah Jazz, he will go on American idol, "Cuz I'm a way good singer, and I'm pretty sure I'll make it to the final two, and when I win, I'll give you my trophy cuz we're bestest buds, right mom?"

He's so stinkin cute!!

Also, a few nights ago he was still wide awake at 11 pm and I had to do a milk-run to the store so I invited him to tag along... while in the car he started singing along to the radio and he said to me, "Mom, trust me I'm a real good singer, just not at 11:02 at night." Too funny!!

Then two nights ago I got home from work around 11:30ish and checked in on all my kiddos as I normally do, put blankets on Kyndi and Oaklee. un-stuck Tona's foot from his crib rails, found Tyson securely tucked completely beneath his blankets in the far corner of his bed and then looked up on Tate's bed (top bunk). No Tate in sight. Bathroom was un-occupied, Not in anyone else's room, not the family room either. Panic starts to set in and I tell Kamron Tate is missing. I continue my search a little more frantically this time... and then I saw it... a small hand sticking out from underneath Tyson's bed. That goof ball kid was sleeping under Tyson's bed. Here's where it gets even better: I asked him last night why he was sleeping under Tyson's bed and he matter-of-factly said, "My bed has too many pressure points from the springs so I moved to the floor" What a freakin crack up!!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Oh man! I love that boy to death! ...I thought i was your bestest bud!