Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Serious Complex


I just thought I'd jot a quick note and tell you of a complex I have that dates back to 1998.I have this love/hate relationship with Peanut butter bars... you know the ones with the oatmeal base and then a layer of peanut butter topped off with chocolate frosting?? They are my favorite, and yet I am afraid to make them.

Why you may ask? And why am I telling you this? Back in the summer of '98 a friend of mine and I were making them at friend's house's kitchen and we put the base (oatmeal part) in the oven to cook and left momentarily to get snowcones... when we came back there was a wee bit 'o smoke and the base was overflowing the pan and dripping into the bottom of the oven...

Well that my friends was the creation of my peanut butter bar complex. Do you think they have a name for a -peanut-butter-bar-phobia?? Just wondering. I even bought all the ingredients a few days ago and just cannot bring myself to make them... How aggravating. And I am so craving them right now!!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

So, I had a dream the other night......you aren't pregnant are you? You had like two more kids in very quick succession....just thought you should know.....and thank goodness it wasn't me that gave you peanut butter bar phobia! I still love you!