Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Dinner

Sunday night was my 2nd annual Halloween Dinner. My parents and Sharli and Dan headed down to participate in eating the creepy food.
This year's menu:
Animal Dropping Stew (Chili)
Fingers and Eyeballs (a yummy concoction of carrots and grapes)
Brains (pasta Salad)
Magic Potion (A bright green punch with gummy worms in it)
Witch's Brew (a pepperminty frothy punch with floating plastic spiders)
Witches Fingers (Cookies)
and Kamron's famous caramel popcorn.

We had a good time - and cooking wasn't near as stressful as I had anticipated - EXCEPT, the bottom of the chili pan burned (due to Karo Syrup on the burner) and it made the chili taste nastily scorched. I was so bummed. It was going to be the most fabulous chili ever and it was awful. AND it made my house stink. No good. No good. I really can cook - it just didn't work out so well that night.
The kids love our Halloween dinner - and even though they all hated the chili - they had a great time!! Onto next year's bash!!

1 comment:

Sharli said...

Don't worry I still at most my chili and the rest of the stuff totally made up for it. Also, it was way too much fun to worry about the food.