Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mummy Suit

Jersi is a horrible sleeper. She sleeps just dandily in my arms until the very moment I lay her down - so sadly she ends up sleeping in my bed every night. Although this may be a comfy sleep spot for her, it's not so much for me.  I cannot sleep with her in my arms - too many worries, PLUS she gives off far too much heat! This makes for rough nights and a gargantuan amount of sleep deprivation...  Enter the Mummy Suit (aka Magic Blanket)  This thing is fabulous!!  I was reading everything I could online on how to get her to sleep on her own and came across a post about these "magic blankets" and there were millions of reviews stating how well they worked - I found an off-brand one on Amazon for like ten bucks. Sold. (And I get free 2 day delivery) Yhe day it arrived, I was counting down the hours for 9:30ish to roll around. As soon as it did, I slapped the delightful thing on her - and guess what? She went to sleep right in her bed, and only woke every 2 to 3 hours to eat, and then would go right back to sleep - this lasted about 6 hours of the night and then she got too fussy and I was too tired to convince her to sleep in her bed so she came to bed with me - but still, roughly 6 hours of sleep for me? That's HUGE!! I'll admit I was a wee bit concerned that it may have been a fluke... time will tell I guess...
The general idea of the blanket is that it swaddles her snuggly and velcros in place so no matter how much she moves she cannot un-swaddle. Who knew that would solve her sleep issues? Sheesh. I love this thing!!

Quick update - this mummy suit is still simply amazing!!  She sleeps in her bed every night now - and still only wakes to eat about every 2.5 to 3 hours. I love it. She does end up staying in bed with me sometime around 4 AM every time - but still - it's far better sleep than I was previously getting. Wow. I love it.

1 comment:

Ara said...

I'm glad you were able to find something that works so that you can catch a little bit of shut-eye.