Sunday, November 2, 2008

Another issue of mine...


You all by now should be well aware of my weevil “issues” well, let’s add another “issue” to the list. Crickets. Spiders don’t bother me, neither do snakes or bees or mice (okay, maybe mice a little) but crickets scare the eebie jeebies outta me.
Growing up my brother (Jonathan) had pet lizards and lizards eat live crickets. He’d go to the garden store every week and get a dollars worth of crickets. His lizards were skinny little guys and I think I’ve figured out why: because those blasted crickets were always escaping! Don’t ask me how they did it – but they were always all over the basement. Nothing quite beats the feeling of waking up in the middle of the night to find a hideous cricket sharing your pillow!
So we recently moved to this house here in Spanish Fork, and somehow there are always crickets in my kitchen! Some even take the opportunity to venture up my stairs. Creepy. I can’t stand the things. My mom has a serious issue with earwigs, mine is with crickets. So what do I do when I see one of these little devils inside my house? Well first I take a picture on my phone to send to Samantha (my little sister) who shares my cricket sentiment. (Really, how thoughtful to share the sight of those hideous creatures with my little sister) And then I run away quick before it jumps at me, or worse, looks at me cross-eyed or something. I think that would be the ultimate creep-out right there. Oaklee shares my fear. If there’s a cricket within a 10 foot radius she’ll stand frozen in place until someone removes it from her visual path. So with Kamron gone and me not going near the things, (and they’re obviously invading my house at this point), who is here to rescue us? Kyndi of course! She picks them up with no thought at all and feeds them to the dogs in the backyard. Wow, she’s a brave little character.

3 comments:

Sam said...

ehehehe. That post made me giggle quite a bit. Yay Kyndi!

Anonymous said...

Ya, I'm thinking crickets would creep me out too. Spiders creep me out, I'm sure crickets would do the same. :) Kyndi is one brave little girl. Kudos to her!!! :)

cari said...

I found a cricket in my kitchen on Sat. that my cat left for me as a present. yuck! Although luckly my husband was home, and I did marry for the bug removel as well.!