Saturday, November 1, 2008

The games we play...


I’m finding it difficult to blog these days for some reason – perhaps its those extra kids I’ve taken on – maybe they’ve just worn me out beyond words. Or maybe it’s the fact that Kamron’s Park City living arrangements were once again extended another 2 weeks (something tells me this will be a continuous trend) I don’t know. But exhaustion has taken over my finger’s ability to type or something… crazy.
Anywho… With Kamron gone every night the kids and I have been getting a little bored so I made the crazy decision to have family game time every night from 6 to 7. The first night, we all played poker. Yes folks you read that right, Poker. Kamron and I play it on the weekends just for fun and one night we decided to see if the kids could figure it out. They actually did pretty good. So the 5 of us (Tyson, Morrissa, Tate, and me with Kyndi on my team) played on Monday night. Tyson is a better. He’ll place outrageous bets to try and get everyone out but it always fails him with 1 person. Tate. It doesn’t matter what cards Tate has, he’ll match anyone’s bet and half the time he raises them. The hilarious thing is, he always wins!!!

The other game worth mentioning is the Flour Tower game. This game involves packing flour into a large cup or container and then tipping it upside down on a plate or cookie sheet to make a tower. Next you place a candy on top of the tower (we used gummy savers). Everybody takes turns cutting the flour with a knife, the tower eventually crashes down (along with the candy) and the one guilty of causing the crash sticks their face right into the pile of flour and fishes the treat out with their teeth. Here is our result:














At the end we shook the tablecloth out in the backyard. Here is the result of that:






1 comment:

Rachel Banks said...

Hmmm, Poker? My new motto? "Whatever works". It is bringing you family together! That's awesome!