Monday, November 17, 2008

Someone Call the Exterminator

So I have a little stunted-growth Husky dog that loves to bark. She never barks at humans, nor at rocks (like the dog my brother used to have always did) but she barks at other animals. Ever since we moved here she has dug holes searching for whatever creature she is certain lives beneath the ground. She barks at other dogs... she barks at cats... she barks if a bird is flying in a manner disagreeable to her... today was different - it was the bark of all barks... a high pitched panic get the heck away from me bark. I thought to myself, what in tarnation is he barking at? Is there a shark emerging from the soil??? I peeked out the back door and there I saw it. I large hideous rat.

I was completely calm and rational about it... That's a bold-faced lie. I totally flipped out.

First, lets discuss what he did not look like:

Aww. Ratatouille!










Rizzo











Jaq and Gus Gus










No, No, he looked just like this:
Evil, disgustingly hideous, plague carrying rodent.










Now if only I had a giant marble, bathtub, plastic shoe, bucket, and rubber band...




7 comments:

Sam said...

That's disgusting Stef! Don't let Kyndi near it, she might want to eat it. P.S. where is the lotion post? I'm waiting...

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww...I'm not a fan of rats, mice, nothing like it.

Rachel Banks said...

Icky! Icky, icky, icky!!!

cari said...

I hope it dies a horrible death! Those things are gross!

Kris said...

Aw come on, it could have been another family pet! I have several spiders and earwigs living at my house, they have become family since they won't die no matter how much you spray and clean! Sigh.......hahahahahaha

Vee said...

That's gross. I think I'm going to have nightmares now. Please tell me you killed it somehow?

Jonathan and Jen said...

Dad used to have a dog that barked when planes flew overhead - It was protecting the airspace.