Monday, November 10, 2008

Rah Rah Rah go Cougars!!


So Kamron and I got the chance to go to the BYU game this past weekend. First off – I am a lifetime fan of BYU and Kamron is not. He is Ute all the way. So I had myself and my kiddos dressed in BYU attire and how did he dress? All in red. Shirt, pants, everything. He stood out like a sore thumb (I told him next time he’s not invited)
I grew up going to the BYU games all the time (My parents had season tickets) – so I know the fight song by heart and all the cheers. The older kids all think I am silly to sing along or whatever – but Oaklee, she was a blast to have at the game!! She found a seat made just for her on the step next to me. When the fams would start stomping their feet to make noise, she’d join right in. She’d clap along with everyone else too. But my favorite came when she would randomly, of her own choice, leap to her feet and yell “yeah!!” She was the entertainment of everyone around us. She was a total crack up. And then suddenly during the 4th quarter when the fight song started to play for the millionth time, she stood up right along with everyone else and sang at the top of her lungs while dancing and clapping. Then she even did the ‘rah rah rah’ part at the end (If you’ve been to a BYU game you hopefully know what I am talking about – for those of you who have never been, shame on you!) Oh my goodness it was so cute!! I'm kicking myself for not remembering my camera!!

1 comment:

Rachel Banks said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time. We did that too...at the UTE game!!!