Wednesday, November 5, 2008

house improvements

Here's a better picture of my tiled backsplash - and a picture of the kitchen faucet that Kamron installed. I love it. When we moved in here the walls were a flouresent burnt orange color (think mexican fiesta) the appliances were somewhat ordinary and the sink and shower fixtures were all the $20 special at Walmart. So we've been fixing it all up.
My master bathroom is now done in 'oil rub bronze' fixtures (shower, faucet, light fixture, toilet paper holder and towel rack, even the flusher handle on the toilet...) The Kitchen has the new stainless still faucet fixture, an awesome stainless steel chandelier and a stainless steel refridgerator. The only thing the kitchen needs now is a weevil exterminator!!! (read post below)

Next on the list is replacing the carpets upstairs (which I'm guessing were originally white, but are now many shades of dirt.) and tiling the bathrooms (which are right now just cheap linoleum) It should keep our upcoming weekends busy and our wallets empty but it'll look great when we're done!! (Then we get to move onto finishing the basement)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

ok, so I am totally adding a tile backsplash to my wish list around my house

Anonymous said...

I love your backsplash & I love the look of stainless steel. :)

Rachel Banks said...

It feels good to fix things up. I'm glad you guys are having so much fun.