Friday, April 16, 2010

Grandpa's Hunt

Easter afternoon we headed to my parent's house for dinner and a fun little hunt. My dad has all too much fun hiding things at Easter. This year he hid little baggies of treats. Each child's baggies were tied with a different color ribbon so that they knew whose were whose... Fun. My dad however gives out way too many hints! Perhaps they didn't want it to be a ten hour affair... but still far too many hints...

Now let me tell you a story of when I was little (and not so little too, - like 15) - my dad would hide our eggs and I always struggled the most at finding them. I was much like Morrissa. I really sucked at looking for eggs! They'd even hide them easy sometimes and I'd still struggle. My parents didn't hesitate a second in telling my children what a lovely egg hunter I am! - Apparently my dad thought it'd be a hilarious idea to hide something for me to find this year... So my chocolate bunny (that he made me) (He made everyone some chocolate bunnies, and Kam and I got big chocolate bunnies) - He hid both mine and Kamron's bunnies from us. They joked that mine was easy and i'd never find it. And for Kamron's he told him "Good Luck". I searched for like 10 minutes and then Kamron found mine, and thinking it was probably his, he pulled it out and it was mine! - Fortunate for me I was standing there and he couldn't re-hide it in time. Woo-hoo my hunt was over. BUT in my defense, I did find Kamron's before he did! (It was inside the surround-sound speaker in the wall)
What a fun day!

Oh - side note: My grandma (Stella) showed up at my parents house and Oaklee shouted "Mom, Tella's here!" Super cute!

Sorry no pictures from my mom's house.

No comments: