Monday, April 26, 2010

Looked Like a Purple People Eater to Me

It all started with a wee bit of sun last monday (the 19th) - somehow I got way more sun than I had intended... within 24 hours my legs were so fried they'd cramp up if I put any weight on them. It was horribly painful. Within 48 hours they had turned purple. They looked severely bruised, or like they needed a serious amputation. Miserable I'll tell you. And completely hideous. Kamron was so sweet he told me "you better stay out of the sun all summer cuz if your face ends up looking like that, there's gonna be a serious problem!" Isn't he nice?
Soon after the purple came, my legs started to swell up - apparently the mix of sun and pregnancy created a toxic-like reaction in my skin. y dr put me on meds to take the swelling down.
Wow - I've never experienced such pain froma sunburn. I will definitely invest in some SPF 5,000 sunscreen!!

One of my legs...

2 comments:

Kelly and Family said...

Oh my word, I have never seen anything like this. You need to wear a parka and snowpants all summer to protect yourself! I bet that hurt like crazy! YIKES!

Ara said...

Ouch!!! I'm sorry.