Friday, April 16, 2010

The Hunt


The Easter Egg hunt in our house Easter morning... that was a delight! Whomever invented hunting for hidden eggs for Easter ought to receive an award! It can be so entertaining!! - Morrissa wanders around continuously like it'll fall from the sky..She struggles...she reminds me alot of me when I was little...more on that later..(in another post)
Tyson somehow was the last to find his, he had one left to find and I think he just gave up or something.. he kept sitting there analyzing everything "you said it can't be over there, you said it's not over there, so it must be nowhere." He repeated this 14.5 Thousand times!! It was funny. (His egg was simply in the carseat in the famliy room, beneath the cover that was sitting on top of it. Both Morrissa and Tate had already found it... Tyson checked that spot twice and somehow never even saw it.)
Oaklee was so fun. She was thrilled with her easter basket and for a while had no desire to go find her eggs (which were mostly scattered on the floor) She did finally hunt for eggs and she was so cute finding them.
Kyndi and Tate did well hunting for eggs, wait, strike that, Kyndi had a difficult time finding hers that were all out in plain sight, and Tate had a rough time staying focused on what he was actually doing... hilarious. In his defense however, he was the first to find all his eggs.
Dayton finally woke up (we let him sleep so he wouldn't be "grachy") and the first thing Oaks did is hand him his basket and say, "Here's your trick-or-treats" (Later she told me "I wanna go to Santa's house" - I think she was a wee bit confused)...
Dayton was OBSESSED with his Easter basket (and still is) that is shaped like a basketball... He thought it was his very own purse and filled it up with everything he could find. He wouldn't let go of it. He even took it to naptime with him. He was so proud of it.
It was a blast - and took almost two hours for the kids to find 8 eggs each. Crazy! (I'll be honest, by the end Kamron and I were getting frustrated that the final eggs were still being searched for)
I sadly didn't get many Easter Pictures... I was too thrilled watching the commotion that was the hunt. (trust me, with 6 kids, it is a commotion!)

No comments: