Friday, April 9, 2010

Tie Breaker

So in our house we have 3 boys and 3 girls... this new baby is the gender-tie-breaker. The boys all want a boy and the girls all want a girl (technically Oaklee wants a princess baby and Dayton is oblivious to the whole thing but once baby is here I'm sure he'll have a serious obsession with it no matter the gender)


So... I've felt all along thsat this baby is a girl. I've made far more baby girl blankets than baby boy ones... and everything I've purchased so far is more girl themed than boy... Now, let us recall that when I was pregnant with Tate I bought way more girl clothes than boy... I knew at the time that he was a boy - but I couldn't resist... baby clothes are so stinkin cute!!


Anywho - I also have struggled bigtime with this pregnancy - I feel it is kicking my buttox far more than any other ever has... (add in job and school and two toddlers and maybe we can see why...) But I had decided if this was a girl then I am done having kids, but if it is a boy then I wanna try once more for a girl... then that changed, I decided for a few days that either gender would be my last... then it became 'if it's a boy I'll still try again but not for a while'...


Onto the big ultrasound we go... (on Tate's birthday which he thought was awesome for him)


I've had many ultrasounds done in my time, and loved them all - but this one was different somehow. Perhaps it was that the technology of this particular machine was far better than past times, but to me it was just far more emotional. I loved it.


As I told you in a previous post, we found out the gender, wrote it on a paper and wrapped it up for Tate to open as a birthday present... the kids all gathered around (Morrissa was at a sleepover so she was on the phone) ... Tate opened the wrapping then untied the ribbon around the scroll, then unrolled it to reveal...Girl. I am so thrilled. Don't get me wrong - I would have equally loved a boy baby but this girl gives me crazy closure in a way and I am thrilled about it. It's bittersweet but I do still feel this is my last one... we'll see in a few years if that changes... but for now I will enjoy every moment of this baby squirming around... and every other moment that comes with it.


And for the record, yes, she has a name, but I'm thinking that will remain a secret until she is born... Sidenote: Kamron chose the name and I LOVE it!!

I know Ultrasound pictures are all kinda creepy-ish or weird, but I hafta post this one because it is by far the cutest one I have ever seen. (Perhaps I'm a little biased)

This is her legs tucked under her and her bum in the air. I love it.
(Here mom, I'll help you... two little feet on the left side of the screen, long white line is her shin, then it bends at the knee and goes up to her bum in the air.)

3 comments:

Ara said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting!!!

Kelly and Family said...

Congratulations!!! The picture of the baby is really funny and cute!

Erin Macceo said...

YAY!! Congrats...can you send me some of your girl making mojo for our next one. I don't know if I can handle anymore boys in my house. lol