Tuesday, November 30, 2010

7 Things With Eyes

My Littles and Kyndi share a room  - and it goes from clean to disaster in 2.4 seconds flat. I'm not even close to joking.  It drives me nuts!! I have even gotten rid of tons of their stuff just to make the items minimal in the hopes that it couldn't possibly get messily outta control - I thought wrong, dead wrong. Their room drains my energy on a daily basis. I've decided I'm no longer gonna put a million percent effort into it cuz seriously, it takes my entire day to clean and 5 minutes for it to return to disaster status. I. hate. it. I've recently decided to try a new technique...I give them fun tasks like "Pick up 5 things that are red" or "Pick up 7 things that have sleeves" or "2 things with ears" etc. (I don't necessarily look at their stuff to come up with these tasks, I just randomly pull them outta my head). They get their task done and come running back for more. One time I even had Tate and Morrissa jumping in to help just to see what goofy things I could cone up with. It gets it done, (or at least gets it looking better than it did) and they have fun doing it.

No comments: