Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving...

Not.A.Fan. I don't eat birds, stuffing, cranberry sauce, or pretty much anything that isn't rolls or potatoes for Thanksgiving... Also, why do we need a holoday to remind us to be thankful? Bugs me.   However, this year we went to my parent's house for Thanksgiving and I had a fabulous time (and roughly 7 rolls)! Along with my family (Kam and the kids), Sharli and Dan were in attendance as well as Grandma (Stella) and Alvin. Also my cousin David was there and Tyson was very pleased with that as he had a buddy to hang out with. So that was great.  I really enjoyed Thanksgiving with my family. I honestly wish I lived closer to them and could spend more time with my sister (my other sister too when she comes home from her mission in a few weeks).
My dad took the kids out sledding down the hill in their backyard. It got pretty hilarious. Tate went first and made a great path down the hill but poor Morrissa - try as she might she could not get her sled to stay on the path, ever. She was always going in ski-wompous directions. 
Kyndi somehow defied the laws of gravity or something... they would seat her in the back of the sled with her legs out in front of her, hand her the ropes and then gently push her downhill and somehow everytime her sled would stay put and her body would go flying off the front of the sled. Hilarious!! Only she didn't think so... she was cold and crying after she did that stunt two or three times... 
Tate took his little snowboard to Grandma's and was going down hill and suddenly the snowboard stopped and he flew into the air and did a fancy somersault down the hill. He came up smiling.
Dayton and Oaklee were having fun too until they stuck their cute little hands in the snow and froze them.  They both ended up in tears too. Cute. Grandma came to the rescue with socks for gloves and both Dayton and Kyndi headed back out for more fun (Kyndi also took a black garbage bag with her to use as a sled, as the regular sled itself kept ejecting her.) What fun.











P.S. Apparently Tyson is at the "too cool to try it" stage. He was out there with everyone and helped Dayton sled but never tried it out himself. Also, apparently my dad tried it out when I wasn't looking - that might have been a hilarious sight!!

Other Pictures from that lovely day










Notice how many of these are of Dayton eating... that's pretty much all this kid does!! (And it was mostly Jello and desserts)   

No comments: