Sunday, November 14, 2010

Our Thankful Wall

Every once in a while we make ourselves a Thankful Wall. This is when I make a paper (say 12x12) for each person with their name on it and hang them on the wall going down the stairs.. The kids know exactly what this means. They very quickly begin writing the things they love and are thankful for an each person's chart. They love this activity. You may think that maybe the 14 year old would frown on doing this. Not so. He loves it just a much as the rest of them. Everyday they add another item or two to each chart. Even the littles have been decorating with stickers as they cannot write. And Kyndi has been using her fabulous sound spelling this time around.  I am such a proud mom when I read all the things they have to say to eachother.

2 comments:

Sharli said...

I love this idea. I feel I may do it for one of my literacy centers.

Sharli said...

PS, you need to change the "now so" to "not so". It makes it sound like Tyson now hates it.