Thursday, November 18, 2010

Violation

So this morning when I went to pick Kyndi up from school, my drivers side door was ajar (sidenote: I used to think it was so funny when I was little when my friends mom's car would repeatedly say "the door is a jar. the door is a jar" whenever the keys were in and the door was open. it would pause in the middle of the word ajar as if it were actually saying 'a jar'. I remember thinking to myself, "its not a jar, its a door")
Anywho... my door was ajar about a half inch, maybe a quarter inch (I'm not so good at guesstimating measurements). I thought this quite odd - why would I have not made sure my door was closed tight last night? Then I got in and the center console in my suburban was open, then I noticed so was the front compartment and the glove box... and papers were scattered out of them... Wow. Someone broke into my car in the night. Creepy. I called Kamron to verify he had not been looking for something that morning. Nope. Some stranger was really in my car. That makes me feel really creepy.  Thing is they were after money I am quite certain. Why do I believe this? Simple. The keys were in there. In the ignition. (don't judge me based on this information) They could have taken the whole vehicle had they wanted to, but they didn't. I think a few of my bank receipts are missing but my account numbers are not on them - other than that, everything seems to be there.
The other interesting thing to note...A few days ago I was turning the house upside-down looking for one of my debit cards. During said search I emptied out the center console of my suburban, so that all my gift cards bank cards and everything were now in the house. I did eventually find my missing card in my house - and the search was so frustrating BUT I am now grateful to have made that search as it removed all the important things from my vehicular so they were not steal-able. Woot.

No comments: