Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I've Taught My Kids So Well

So we have these two neighbor girls that Drive. Me. Nuts. Seriosuly. When they come over they never follow rules, they'll sneak into our garage and take stuff, they always open the back gate to let our dogs out... Now admitedly, sometimes when they knock on the door we all go silent and pretend we are not home. This generally backfires however as they will continue to knock and ring the doorbell for another 20 minutes or so until they finally get a response or get bored and go home.  These girls are 10 and 12, keep that in mind before you decide to judge me come the end of this post...
We recently had one such day... The kids and I are all enjoying eachothers company in the front room when we see those two girls approaching our house (we'll call them K and C).  Tyson pulls the drapes closed as I instruct the littles to shhhh.  'knock-knock' 'dingo dong' silence. 'knock-knock-knock' 'diiiing-dong. ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong' 'knock knock'... and on and on. We are quietly giggling inside as K and C are talking loudly out on our porch.  They continue to knock and ring and its increasingly getting on my nerves. (sidenote: you may be wondering why we don't just answer the door. Simple. They won't go home. The typical conversation goes like this:  "can you play?" "no it's after our play time" "Well thats stupid, just come play." "we can't" "you guys are so stupid we don't even like you"... etc. etc. Now my kids never deserve this verbal abuse so it really irritates me - and then when we finally get to the point where we can nicely shut the door - they go get into our stuff and ride their bikes, leaving them in the road when they are done, etc. Do you get the picture I am trying to paint? Good. Back to our story)  So here they are increasingly getting on all our nerves with their annoying persistence when suddenly I have The. Best. Idea. "Tyson, go get your mask on!" He quickly caught on and before long we were all standing near the windows to watch the upcoming reaction. 3...2....1. The door flies open and this creature that is Tyson goes flying our the door roaring with all his might.  HILARIOUS!!! Those girls ran away as fast as their legs would carry them. All too funny. Mean? yes, maybe a little. But it's now been two weeks since this hilarious occasion and they have not been back.

1 comment:

cari said...

I know how you feel! There are some girls across the street that do that at our house. Although when they come over to ask to play and I say no, while they are continuing to talk I shut the door. I have also had to go outside and tell them to get off the kids things and go home. Aaaahhhh other people's nasty little children.