Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oh Blah.

The other day was not such a delightful day... I was finished running errands and had the 4 youngest on the vehicular with me when my cell rang. It was Tyson asking for a ride to his football party. Sure, I'll be right there. My initial plan was to have him jump in without unloading any of the other kids that were with me. But I had a sudden change of plans. I unloaded all but Kyndi and off we went. His party was at the high school about a mile downhill from where we live... we were about a block or two away, in the middle of the busiest intersection when my Suburban lost all power and died. What?! Here is when I began being thankful for so many things.
Thankful I had Tyson with me - he single-handedly pushed the Suburban to the curb where I could safely park it and leave it. (Sidenote: He wanted me to put a picture of a buff guy on here and rave about how strong he is...he's hilarious).
Thankful that I had left all the littles home with Morrissa so that I didn't hafta somehow get them all to walk that mile (uphill) home. 
Thankful that the weather, in the middle of November, was not rainy, not snowy and not even very cold at all. 
Thankful that my Suburban was messy enough to have a coat of mine and a coat of Kyndi's inside it. 
Thankful that I got to spend some quality time with Kyndi while we walked home and talked about fun little things the whole way.
Thankful that she didn't want to run any more than just one block.
Thankful that I was close enough to home that I could walk, and not on the freeway or anywhere else (especially with all the road construction...)
Thankful that when I called Kamron bawling and going ballistic because I couldn't handle anymore stress he was very patient and kind reassuring me that everything would be okay.
Very grateful that all it took was a battery replacement and my Suburban is now in working order.
Phew. Utter disaster diverted.

1 comment:

Sharli said...

You're so cute and positive! Love you Stef!