Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Visit to the Princess Castle

I think I have mentioned before that Oaklee loves to pass the Harri Krishna Temple - as she thinks it is a princess castle. For my cultural diversity class this semester I got to tour the temple and write a paper on it.  I brought Morrissa and the Littles on my tour...

I didn't dare take any pictures inside, out of respect.  There is a lower room and an upper room.  The lower room has a gift shop and an eating area (where they serve a vegetarian buffet everyday for $5) The upper room is a worship/yoga.instruction room.  It's very pretty an has displays of their Gods and other beautiful things.  The tour guide sang/chanted us a song and then sent us to the grounds to enjoy the animals.
We first found this peacock lurking around...soon to find many more.
 As we approached this parrot it quickly said "hello" and as we finally began to walk away it said "goodbye" Jersi was thrilled!! She kept talking to it after that. So cute


 Dayton hangin with the Llama
 Llama getting fed
 Watching the Llamas and the peacocks
 Oaklee's hair bow


 The Koi pond.  TONS of big ol fish



 I love this!
 Birds playing with the water



 What type of bird is this? A white peacock??

 All the kids gathered feathers they were so proud of -

 Jersi's "feathers" were actually leaves
 Dayton posing with the Elephant
 This temple is the home of the delightful Color Festival every March - celebrating the colors of Spring and new beginnings.

No comments: