Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Adventures in Traumatization

Adventures in Traumatization - a few hilarious traumas and a few sad.

My house, my property, my pride, and my bum: 

It all started with a day of flooding.  I came home from a 9 hour day of school to pouring rain.  The streets were flooded, and Kamron's windows were down. (Whoops)  My Dayton (who loves to play in the rain) offered to close the car windows...



 A few short moments later, Tyson informed me that he went to find out why the internet wasn't working,  and found that the two Littles had created a flooded kitchen (counters, computer, walls, floor, etc) from having adventures with the sink sprayer (whilst daddy slept).  Tyson was nice enough to clean that up.  


Around 10 or 11 PM my BP called to tell me of a friend of her daughter's that found her house completely flooded upon returning home from Christy's house.  Her mom was not home and she could not get ahold of her.  Kamron (being the plumbing type that he is) and I (with shop vacs in hand) headed to this stranger's house to see how we could help.  Christy and her daughter (Alaska) were there too.  Kamron set to investigating the leak while Christy and I cleaned up water with the shop vacs. - Turns out the float in the toilet that tells it when it is full was broken, creating an overflowing toilet for something like 7 hours straight... 

As we cleaned the vacs filled with water rapidly.  We started dumping it in the tub (instead of carrying the heavy things all the way downstairs to go outside) - Christy was using the bigger vacuum.  When it needed emptying I of course marched over and took matters into my own hands, yes it was heavy, yes it was not a fantastic idea - but off to the bathroom I went - only to slip on the wet tile, fly across the room, land on the floor with a huge thud and subsequently throwing water everywhere! Wow my bum hurts!  But Christy and I had a real good laugh!  (Kamron had headed home prior to this so he was not fortunate enough to witness it)


Morrissa:

My sweet little (14 year old) Morrissa headed off to her grandpa Row's house (her dad's dad) to hang out with him and her cousin(s) for the week.  Sunday she called, sounding not quite herself asking if she could come home.  ...After some quick arranging and such we got her home... she wasn't herself... Kamron kept asking her what was wrong...she wouldn't respond.  Finally her cousin (Chanler) said, "Are you gonna tell him or should I?"  Chanler then proceeded to tell Kamron that while Morrissa stayed at her grandpa's, her biological mom (Jackie) (whom Morrissa has not seen in at least 6 years, and whom is not allowed any contact with her children by order of the court on account of her abandoning the children and her druggie status) suddenly showed up at Row's house and stayed for 4 hours, all the while trying to convince Morrissa to come stay with her, and who knows what else.  My poor Morrissa was traumatized.  To say she was upset is an understatement.  When I learned of it, and she talked to me, she could barely express anything, but burst into tears.  She wasn't herself for days after this. I think she was scared, I think she was worried, I think she felt absolutely betrayed by her biological grandma (Jackie's mom) who was given the right to see Tyson and Morrissa on the condition that their biological mom wasn't aware.  Not only was Jackie made aware, but Morrissa's grandma told Jackie exactly where to find Morrissa without us, and when.  Grrrrr.  Needless to say, that grandma got a piece of my mind and is no longer allowed anywhere near my house.

Oaks (and the dentist):
Oaklee-Shmoklee has had some severe tooth pain these past few days - she screams every time she eats.  As the mom I was uncertain whether she was simply being overly dramatic or if their was true pain there. I scheduled an appointment with the dentist right away.  She was excited to get it fixed and taken care of.  She was excited all the way to the dentist.  She was excited to get into the dental chair, she was completely excited until the dentist asked her to open her mouth.

Then she panicked. Her mouth was shut and nothing we could do or say would get her to open it.  The dentist finally pried her mouth open and within minutes she bit him. Hard.  He was finally able to see that her back molar has decayed to the root - leaving the nerve completely exposed.  He voiced concerns of the damage going down farther than what he could see.  Due to her fear at the dentist, he opted to schedule her a sedation appointment - one where they'll completely sedate her before they do the work on her tooth.

Tyson:
Having a cop at your door at 4 AM bringing your 16 year old and his two cousins home =priceless
Tyson was at a friend's house and had negotiated a later curfew on the condition that his friend bring him home.  I was expecting him home around midnight so when he awoke me in the night, I assumed it was around that time.  He knocked and came in.  "Hi Tyson, see you in the morning" "No you hafta come down stairs, we're in trouble" "Huh?" "There's a cop here, we're in trouble" - Still under the assumption that it was close to midnight, I ventured downstairs.  The cop in my front room immediately said, "Sorry, I realize it's late, but do you know any reason why these boys (Tyson and his two cousins) were walking home from Payson at 4 AM?"  Um... 4 AM?!?!?!?!?!   the cop was really great - he let me choose what to do with them.  Tyson had committed to being home so I could take Morrissa to registration the next day.  His "friend" that told him he'd drive them home changed his mind and left them stranded in Payson.  His cousins  were trying to help Tyson by walking him home - I don't think they expected to be picked up by a cop. I told him no ticket, I'd take care of them. - So he left them in my care. Cute kids. They were trippin out pretty good. Kinda funny.  

Kamron, Dayton, (and Tyson too):

Tyson and Kamron recently learned of the fun of floating down the river in Spanish Fork Canyon, from Kamron's fishing hole down.  Fun.  Kamron decided it'd be a blast to take tubes and start at the top of the river.  Off he and Dayton and Tyson went... Dayton on Kamron's lap, Tyson following behind.  They were having a blast, until they reached a really bad spot with a heavy current.  Tube tipped over, they went under.  With so much water flooding Kamron's face he had no clue where Dayton was.  He remembers hearing Dayton yell out "get me daddy!" (I can only imagine his scared, panicked little voice).  Kamron couldn't see Dayton anywhere but somehow miraculously grabbed his arm without knowing where it was. Kamron doesn't scare easily, if ever - but he was completely terrified. Tyson was able to get himself to shore. Thankfully Dayton and Tyson both had a life jacket on. They probably saved their life. Kamron mentioned that he sees now how parents can die trying to save their children - cuz he remembers thinking "I'm not leaving this water until I find him"  Even after they were home safe, he lost sleep over it for two days. Just knowing I had a possibility of losing one (or two) of my kids was too much to think about. Never a story a mom wants to hear about.

Crazy week at my house, right?

2 comments:

Kevin and Jess said...

Good grief Stefanie.... "busy week" is an understatement!

Kevin and Jess said...

Good grief Stefanie.... "busy week" is an understatement!