Sunday, August 19, 2012

Never a Dull Moment

Yesterday consisted of: catching a fish, the dog finding a beaver dam and possible beaver, a skunk wandering towards us (which I promptly ran from), an amazingly epic fall on my butt in the dirt, and a trip to the ER to remove a Water-bead from Dayton's nose. Life doesn't get much better than this!

Pictures from the fishing trip...

Aspen found something fascinating and just kept going at it... pulling out stick after stick
Kamron caught a fish
 Aspen was apparently trying to find the beaver who made this dam
 I apparently don't wear the appropriate foot gear for fishing as I promptly fell flat on my butt by merely walking
 You can't tell here - but there is a skunk sauntering towards us in this picture... it's the white speck in the center of the picture - wish I had my actual camera this time instead of just my phone...
 Another horrible shot of same said skunk - no worries, I quickly distanced myself from mr skunk by hi-tailing it up the same hill I had earlier said I refused to climb in the shoes I was wearing...
 Kamron holding the fish he caught (this is so out of order of the series of events)
Kamron wasn't phased by the approaching skunk...
 I was in charge of catching grasshoppers for bait (again, out of order)
 Still just kickin it, not afraid of Mr Skunk - in fact, he later went searching for the skunk. Is he crazy? Correct answer: yes.

2 comments:

Ara said...

Pardon my stupidity, but what is a water bead (that had to be removed from Dayton's nose)?

Sharli said...

1 - Ew. Why would you touch a grasshopper? They are just like crickets.

2 - Did you never go to Flaming Gorge with us? Skunks everywhere.